Paradigm Sports is a full-service management agency that stands apart as a multi-sport, business, and media company. We manage and enhance the careers of many of the top athletes on earth and work hand in hand with our athletes to build some of the coolest brands and companies that the sports industry has ever seen.
We believe in making the impossible possible. We aren’t afraid to take risks and think outside the box. It’s this approach that has powered Paradigm Sports and our athletes to transform the sports management industry. We are managing the careers of some of the most prominent athletes in the world, like Conor McGregor, Israel Adesanya, Jozy Altidore, and Neiko Thorpe, and we are rewriting the rules with the launch of successful business ventures alongside our clientele; Proper Number Twelve, McGregor Fast, and August McGregor.
Our team of entrepreneurially-minded professionals includes managers, lawyers, MBAs, former athletes, and brand experts with different backgrounds working together to deliver solutions that are both consequential and real. We operate as a family and treat our clients and staff with respect, loyalty, and honesty, period.
WE GET PAID #GP. It’s our mantra, and we don’t just hustle, we push to do what is best and most profitable for our families, our teammates, and our clients. ALWAYS.
Why We’re Hiring
We’re looking for a Staff Accountant to create lift for Paradigm by keeping accurate records, maintaining financial reports and general ledgers, ensuring compliance with state, federal, and local principles. In addition, you will oversee accounting procedures relating, but not limited to, tax returns, month end closures, budgeting, general bookkeeping activities, etc. This position is scoped specifically to enable the Staff Accountant to carry out the roles, responsibilities, and duties as deemed necessary for this position. This role will report to Kimberly Burns, Director of Finance.
Who You Are
● You are an exceptional individual that demonstrates a positive work attitude, is passionate about
solving problems and has a commitment to a culture of teamwork
● A dynamic person that is resilient and can adapt quickly to changing environments
● You take the initiative. You possess a deep level of focus and can provide practical solutions to
roadblocks you encounter
● You have a drive to continually learn, and expand your skill set
● You see the big picture, and understand that small victories lead to big wins
● You have a strong knowledge of sports marketing, and digital agency landscape
What You Know
● You ensure federal, state, and local payroll and commercial activity tax returns are properly
● Know how to perform overall accounting tasks associated with A/R and A/P
● Can prepare various reports (bank balances, transfers, specific financial reports, etc)
● You know how to provide support for annual external audit and routine accounting assignments
● Understanding how to calculate and prepare reimbursement billings
● Know how to perform accurate and timely monthly reconciliations
● Knowledge and application of multiple online payment processors
● Can provide specific financial information and reporting to executive staff
What Success Looks Like
● Bachelor’s degree obtained in related field, or equivalent work experience
● Minimum of 3 years of experience in accounting field, preferably in sports setting
● Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
● Desire to work in a fast-paced work environment with various levels of management and
● Proven and tactful interpersonal skills within all areas of the organization
● Track record of successfully implementing and performing all aspects related to accounting
● Ability to travel
● Full health, Dental, Vision, Life
● Gym reimbursement
• Paid Maternity/Paternity
At Paradigm Sports, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate them, we support them, and we thrive on them for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. If you’re good at what you do, come as you are. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. Paradigm Sports is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.